Drawing fan art: Johanna from HotS

by Monday, August 31, 2015 0 comments
Drawing fan art of Johanna from Hots - combined

Yesterday I decided to draw something after eating breakfast. I started off with a random face and then decided to transform the face into one of my favorite Heroes of the Storm characters, Johanna. Now Johanna is originally from Diablo. What makes her stand out is that she is a female crusader.

I had so much fun drawing that I decided to take quick shots of my progress. It isn't one of my better drawings, but since everything was pretty much made-up on the spot, it was entertaining. I actually have no idea how Johanna should actually look when appearing more "life-like". Anyway, I'll briefly share my progress...

Step 1:   Draw some random facial features

I drew a random face to start off with. Obviously it didn't look great (actually it looks quite bad, let's be honest), but I thought that I could fix it a little afterwards.
Drawing fan art of Johanna from Hots - part 1

Step 2:   Draw some facial features that are similar to Johanna's

What I recalled most about Johanna is her hairstyle. She has her hair shaved off on her left-side. So I quickly outlined some hair. 
Drawing fan art of Johanna from Hots - part 2

Step 3:   Draw some body features that are similar to Johanna's

Johanna is a crusader. She wears really heavy armor and has a gigantic shield. Her shield will not be visible, so I just roughly outlined how I think her armor looks in the game.    

Drawing fan art of Johanna from Hots - part 3

Step 4:   Do some shading

This is a pretty straight-forward part. I just darkened some parts of her armor and her face.

Drawing fan art of Johanna from Hots - part 4

Drawing fan art of Johanna from Hots - part 5

That's it. I am somewhat pleased with the resulting sketch, but to be honest I am not sure if my drawing could really pass for Johanna. Maybe if you have a great imagination, it could be acceptable xD. I haven't played Diablo (where she is actually from), but I will definitely put it on my to-do list.

Gabriel Visagie

Guild Master

Postgraduate engineering student, blogger, photography enthusiast and wannabe artist. Eats gummy bears by tearing them limb from limb.

0 comments:

Post a Comment