Gotta love Japanese commercials

by Sunday, January 17, 2016 0 comments
Anime drawing

On most TV channels you cannot get excited about commercials. The Japanese people however are known to mostly be the exception to most of the world's expectations. So yeah, my first blog post for 2016 will be about Japanese commercials. Sounds boring? I promise it is not!

If I had to summarize Japanese commercials in one word it would be strange! Most of the time I have no idea what is being promoted (until the end) - even though I understand the language somewhat. /nobigdeal

Things I like about Japanese commercials

  • What I enjoy most about the Japanese commercials is that they are (for the most part) funny and quite surprising. You are always confused by them! :)
  • They avoid confrontation as far as I can tell. I haven't seen any commercials that say "we are better than other brands" or "our product is 40% better that the leading competition".
  • Some of them are anime-styled! How cool is that...
  • The sounds and images are mostly based on artistic fantasy of completely unrelated to the product. This adds to the surprising effect I guess.
Anyway, check of the video that I've attached to this post! Sayonara! /bye

Gabriel Visagie

Guild Master

Postgraduate engineering student, blogger, photography enthusiast and wannabe artist. Eats gummy bears by tearing them limb from limb.

0 comments:

Post a Comment